Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Dec. Update

The latest from the Cowan home front:

Tilly has cut her first teeth--two at once, on Thanksgiving day to boot! Now, every day is an adventure in eating. She has almost perfected the combat crawl and is working on the regular crawl. And just in time for the tree, she is pulling herself up any available surface and standing while holding on. We are very proud!

As for Xavier, he is well and keeping us busy with his questions about God and the world.
The other night we watched Frosty the Snowman, and afterwards, he said thoughtfully, "Hmm ... Frosty has magic like Dr. Sampo."

Towards the end of October, we had another serious conversation. Xavier told me "I want to be a saint; You and Daddy and Tilly want to be saints. I want you to be saints. I want to be a priest."
I was feeling pretty good about my boy and my nurturing, mothering skills, when Xavier finished his thought:
"And Jesus wants to be a puppet."
Apparently, he was considering his halloween options, not his life goals.
Though as for Jesus and His Halloween plans, I'm not certain where that idea came from, or even, sadly, if that is the option He finally went with...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think he went with the puppet. good idea.

WE WANT PICTURES!!!!!!

And more commentary. Tilly will be a GI Jane yet :)

We just want MORE MORE MORE :)

Can you add a feature to this blog? Maybe Tuesdays with Andre Rhiu??

Okay, enough heckling :)

Ethan Pew said...

She's growing up already, and her teeth are showing. I bet she looks adorable now. Who's Dr. Sampo, btw?