Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Ash Day

Thank you everyone for checking up on us. We all are feeling much better; my dizziness is done and our colds (hurray!) finally seem to have run their course. So naturally, I have turned my attention to laundry. And in my ever-failing struggle to eradicate dirty laundry, I was trying to reach those tiny long lost socks between baby mattress and springs and guess what I found? Under the crib, at the bottom of the extra, extra sheet box, there was the box of winter hats! Three months into winter, four months after I started checking and rechecking the trunks in the basement and searching the backs of both of our closets, there it was. We've got it now! Hats, mittens, scarves, in every color! Don't worry, we each had at least one pair of hats and mittens all along, but next time you see us, even if it is in July, we'll have our best woolly hats on.
In other news, Tilly was very excited that it was "Ash Day" (as she insisted on calling it) and Xavier wanted to know if "Ash Easter" was coming soon. Only forty days, give or take a few, and then we'll be sporting our Easter finery, new patent leather shoes, freshly pressed dresses and suits...and our prettiest winter hats. Maybe by October, I'll have found the box with the Easter bonnets...

5 comments:

meg and greg said...

Our hats are off to you!!Glad to hear all are well. However, did you have to e-mail us your cold? We are all hacking and sniffeling like nobody's business. Becca has been home all week. So lay low and watch out for incoming bugs...hopefully, spring bugs--lady, tomato, dragonfly, etc...:)
And as for Miss Cox, she's paying me the compliment!

Anonymous said...

Prayers from Roma! What else shall I bring? I never saw a king cake here either. Though there was some confetti on the cobblestones, I have to concur with French Glencora about the superiority of Louisiana's carnival spirit. Perhaps she and I should have met in Venice. I miss you all. I'm glad you found the hats. If you need more help in such ventures, please call: I'm good at looking for things after much practice.

Love,
Mary M.

Petrus said...

I can't find my hat and gloves. Have you seen them?

M. Alexander said...

If you have extra hats and scarves (never spare extra gloves) make a snowman! or snowwoman! or snowchildren!

or I guess in Somerville the thing is

"Snow partners"!

Just to show that in spite of living in the backwoods of Townsend, where you may be surprised (ahem) to find that I fit in, I am up with what is hip and now.

Are any of the snow gear accessories- purple?

The very thing.
Love you,
Mary, Andy et al.

Anonymous said...

Aimee and Will,

I am thinking and praying for ya'll all the time here in DC! I will be coming up to Boston in March, so I hope that I will be able to visit!

Lots of love,
Veronica