Thursday, August 27, 2009

Texas

We just finished the trek to Texas. Tilly, Xavier, and I are going to set up camp here for a while with my parents who are also moving, from Baton Rouge, LA. I'm going to try to take some pictures soon of the kids and the new home and post them. I promise to be better about updates. :)

Aimee came here three times. The first time, I had just torn my ACL in my knee while I was at UD, so I wasn't able to show her around the city. She was disappointed-- Aimee always felt that there were things that needed to be done, and there should never be any excuses to avoid them. We are all called to sacrifice. She was tough. :)

The second time, she was sick with the cold-- but I had set up my apartment for the "proposal." Hundreds of flowers on the porch, baked the bread for our sandwiches even. She arrived, beautiful and as cute as ever, and it was just wonderful! She didn't hesitate for a second when I asked, didn't even look at the ring-- she just smiled at me and said "yes."

The third time, we came for Dr. Louise's 90th birthday. It was a great time, especially since it was the first time we had to hustle to catch the plane, organize the kids, etc. We did such a great job. I really miss the way we worked together. We were great, and we were capable of great things together.

I still miss her so much.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update Will! It's so nice to see your words, full of memories and joy!

Give Tilly and X a big kiss for us! We miss you all!

Love,
Kate, Bill, Mercedes, and Lilly

w. wilson said...

I always thought you and Aimee were a good team :).

We lit a candle for Aimee in a tiny 15th century chapel in the Loire valley on our vacation. She would have loved it.

Good luck in your new home.

Whit and Co.

Anonymous said...

Yae for Texas! Wah for Massachusetts.

Looking forward to the pics and updates.

Smooches to you and the kiddos
~sadiemae

Michele said...

Thanks for posting! So glad to hear you'll be with your parents. I really enjoyed meeting them -- they are wonderful people. Love and hugs to you all.

Anonymous said...

So glad you arrived safe and sound. Dallas won't be a bit dull, believe me, if memory serves. Much love to all of you.

Mary Mumbach

Unknown said...

Thank you Will for posting this beautiful memory about beautiful Aimee and your true marriage.

I think of her all the time.

I wish you the best in Dallas. I still miss it!

Katy said...

All the best to you and yours in your new home!

Katy and all the Borses/Wilsons

Anonymous said...

Massachusetts will miss all of you. I am so glad you will be with your parents and Xavier and Tilly will get to know them well. I think of you and Aimee every day. Thank you for keeping us posted and for giving us your memories to share.

-Dorothy

Ed Parsons said...

Hi Will,

Just after visit #2, I was heading home from a business trip and rushing through DFW when I saw Aimee, lighting up a terminal with her smile. When went in to say Hi, she squirmed a bit and showed me the ring. I shouldn't have been among the first to know, but she couldn't hide it. She was so happy.

Best of luck to you and the kids!

-Ed

Petrus said...

Just before visit 2 when you proposed, I called her and asked her if she was getting engaged. She said, "no way, we haven't been dating that long."

She tracked me down at my brother's house in Kentucky to tell me "I lied. I got engaged!!!" She was sooo happy!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Will, do you have any Halloween pics to post?
Ciao,
Kate

Anonymous said...

Any Birthday photos to post?
Love Aunt Kate

Tricia said...

Hi WIll, I just want you to know that my kids and I pray for Aimee every night during prayers. She touched a lot of people's hearts - her sweet voice and smile (in her red Montrose cardigan) are still very present in my mind!