Friday, July 27, 2007

Life goes on

Last night Xavier requested a bedtime story about baby Jesus and I obliged. I told him about the annunciation, the engagement and marriage of Mary and Joseph, the census, the trip by donkey from Nazareth to Bethlehem, how there was no room at the inn, how Mary's tummy was getting bigger and bigger and the baby was ready to come. I thought I'd done a lovely job of explaining about how Joseph made a soft bed for Mary in the hay and how the animals kept them company and the stars shone down on the stable and was just about to get to the birth itself when Xavier popped up and asked excitedly, "And then Mary saw the robots?"
Ah, well.

6 comments:

Michele said...

LOL. Life goes on, indeed. :)

Petrus said...

I hope you told the Robot story in detail. I certainly will be when I'm sitting next week :)

I'll try to call you today. I've lost my phone - with your number in it!!

Cheers & love

M. Alexander said...

He sounds like the kind of boy who would throw spaghetti at dinner!!!!

LOLOL!

We miss him and the walls have been spaghetti free for way too long!
Love
Mary

Hilary said...

Dear Aimee and Will,
We are thinking of you both with lots of love and so much admiration for your strength, together and individually. We are here until Saturday, 8/4, so if you can think of anything we can do during this challenging week, we'd be grateful.
Hilary and Kevin

Anonymous said...

Aimee - this might be partially my fault. The last time Xavier was over I showed him a picture of the Flaming Lips album Yoshimi battles the Pink Robots: it has a slender, dark-haired woman (could be confused with Mary) facing off to a giant robot.

You'll still let me babysit, right? I promise no Nine Inch Nails videos . . .

We love you so much, and are thinking about you and praying for you constantly.

Love, Aunt Lizzy

Anonymous said...

What a great story! That's what I call keeping the Faith real.

Love and prayers for a peaceful week at home, with robots and all that makes life entertaining, ridiculous, and joyful :)!