Tuesday, September 25, 2007

No news. Good news?

Will and I went over to meet with my doctors at Beth Israel this afternoon. The ct scan is not as accurate without the contrast material, but as far as they could tell, it showed no new spreading of the cancer, which is good news (this is the first ct scan that hasn't shown quick growth). However, again with the limitations of my contrastless ct, there was also no obvious evidence of shrinkage either. This isn't too uncommon at this stage in the game--apparently the interleukin is still at work within me and the next few weeks will tell how effective it has been.

So, now, again, we are waiting. Three weeks from today, I will have another scan and depending on its results we decide what to do from there. If there is new growth we start looking into our other options; if there is some sort of stasis, they will want us to wait and watch to see what happens next; and finally, and hopefully, if there is shrinkage we will do another round of IL2.

On the other hand, they were quite pleased that I was off all of my medications and feeling very well. I didn't tell them about all my secret cures of mega vitamins, wheat germ and hefty doses of miraculous medals (though not in the ingested form) that are really doing the trick--I'll save those details for next visit. I hope you all are well. Thank you so much for your continued thoughts and prayers. With love.

12 comments:

M. Alexander said...

That sounds like good news. We'll keep the prayers going.

Anonymous said...

and salad, you forgot salad. They should know how that has helped.

Michele said...

It sounds pretty good to us. :) You and yours are in our thoughts.

love, Michele and Ed

meg and greg said...

YeeeeHaaaa God is good.

Lizzy Wells said...

Aimee - thank you so much for keeping us posted on this. We are thinking about you always.

Love, Lizzy and Court

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Aimee...you and your family our in our thoughts and prayers! Hang and there and keep strong!

Michelle Domey (Walsh)
Montrose Class of '91

Anonymous said...

Aimee and Will, I am happy to read of this latest report. Joseph and I have just gotten a grip on our troubles enough to start folowing your blog, but we have been thinking of you all this summer. Know that there our people, even beyond the usual suspects, who are caring for your family and have you in their hearts and minds. Thank you for giving us this way to keep up with you. Love, Anna Priddy and Joseph Kronick

Anonymous said...

Aimee,
It is Kelli Griffin Jarosz. I received the email from Montrose I was in shock. I think of all my class of 93 sisters often. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Your children are beautiful. We will have to email and catch up (kmgctj@charter.net). Love always, Kelli

Laura said...

Hi Aimee. It is Laura Spear from Montrose. I am so sorry to hear that you are fighting this battle. The first word that comes to mind thinking back to our montrose days when I think of you is "positive". It is obvious by reading your blog and seeing your kids that you have continued to be a positive person which is great medicine in times like these. You and your family are in my thoughts and I would love to catch up with you. spearlaura1@msn.com
Take Care,
Laura Spear

Claire said...

Aimee, this sounds like a good turning point in the battle. My family and I will be praying hard for you, for Will, and for your little ones these next few weeks while you wait for your body, the medicine, and God to work more wonders.

We love you!
Claire, Victor, Anthony, Nina, and Dante

chris(kennett)skopal said...

Aimee (and family!)
Aimee, I have spent these last several moments reading your beloved and heart filled blog. Please know that my family (my husband Tom, and my son Liam) will be praying for you and yours! I hope you remember me - I was a class behind you, but we were always gym runners (walkers...lol) together! You have a beautiful family! God Bless always, and if you ever need anything, please do not hesitate to call or write:
email Jojadern76@yahoo.com ... and I will send you all the contact info! Love to your family always,
Christy *Kennett Skopal
Montrose 94