Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Four Years Old

This last Sunday, Xavier turned four. He had a great day. We had a last minute change of plans; since cousin Vinny D's baptism had to be postponed, the cake got relocated to Somerville. Xavier requested Yoda, Luke Skywalker and Jessica Rock for guests...Jessica made it and the local Cowan contingent supplied the Star Wars action figurines that made him forget entirely that the actual Luke and Yoda never showed up. Everyone enjoyed balloon tosses, star wars and Transformer games, and enough play dough to go around. However, it was Tilly who really had the best time. We were busy organizing things in the living room when Tilly sidled up to me and announced, "Momma, I'm eatin' Bubba's cake!!" And she had the chocolate hands, face and dress to prove it. But the damage wasn't too bad to stop the rest of us from also enjoying the cake...





And here we are, happy and asleep, at the end of a long day.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Cowan Bubbas!
Love, Kate

meg and greg said...

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Xavier, happy birthday to you!!
The Kanzanians send you big, juicey birthday kisses and squeezzie hugs for your big 4th b-day! So sorry we missed the exact day but we are thinking of you all and hope to see you all soon!! We hope your day was great.
And Tilly, good going! If you hadn't pre-checked the cake, who knows what might have happened...vanilla cake substitution, slimey, uncooked interior, alien abduction? Who knows what catastophe you averted? What a fabulous sister you are. Keep watching out for the big bro!
Love to all, M & G.

smae said...

Aaack - four?!?! where the heck is time flying to?
~s

RKR said...

Happy birthday Xavier! (I can't believe you're four already.) Good going.
Love,
Renee

Annie said...

Happy Birthday Xavier! What a wonderful day, and it looks like it was a huge success! We will be celebrating Alexander's 4th birthday this Saturday, and I am sure we share in the disbelief that our babies are FOUR! Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you! Love you all.

Annie and the boys

Petrus said...

Thanks for having me!! The Tilly-touched cake was awesome !!!

Happy Birthday X!

Anonymous said...

On campus to hear a lecture Friday evening, Jessica made it clear that the failure to attend Xavier's gala was the other celebrities' loss. (I seem to recall that she is an expert judge of parties.)

Happy birthday to you, Xavier!

Mary (M.)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Petrus said...

Printers are now spam blogging? Weird. I wonder if that's a modern version of a bird sign... and what does it mean??

meg and greg said...

HELLO--Updates please!

Petrus said...

Meg - I'm with you. Perhaps you and I could start our own blog on Aimee & Will's comments :)

Petrus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
meg and greg said...

Greg says I'm way too far into others' business and should mind my own. (It's just the mother in me--I can't help it!) That's why I enjoy blogging on other's sites. I can drop a comment and not have to keep up my own(or other's sites).;)