Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Steady and Holding

The first week went well. I made friends with all the nurses on the floor, can run the EKG machine myself, and even convinced the nurses to put tape on those overly long EKG straps to save time in the daily sorting--now if only they'll pay me as an time efficiency manager...Oh, and the treatments are going very well too! The daily trips to the hospital were fine; I am really getting to know the finer points of the parking garage. Yesterday, we had our long Tuesday, with all its tests and fastings, and today I got to take home my RAF265 in 14 little lovely brown bottles, packed in what, sadly, looks like a Mike's Pastry box (and so should contain North End cannolis instead of anything else). However, besides feeling, on occasion, very tired, I am doing very well. So far, this medicine has been uncommonly friendly. I don't know if it works, but I recommend it :)

I hope you all are enjoying the spring stirrings. (We even made it to the park today for a little bit!)
With love,
Aimee

8 comments:

Petrus said...

We NEED Mike's Pastries!!!!

Claire said...

Aimee, I'm so glad that the treatment is going well and not giving you any nasty side effects. I also wanted to tell you thank you for welcoming me into your home last Saturday--I loved seeing you and talking with you (if only for a brief time!) and playing with those marvelously smart, beautiful and rambunctious (in a good way!) children of yours.
I hope to see you all again very soon! Hugs and kisses to you, Will, Bubba, and Tilly!
Love,
Claire

Anonymous said...

Thanks again for your eloquent updates. Here's to the hope of spring. All our love,
Hilary and Kevin

Anonymous said...

Indeed! We couldn't be happier that Spring has finally begun - and that the treatments are being so kind to you!!

And, who knows, perhaps the nurses you've helped out so much will remember how helpful sugar can be and sneak a few cannoli in your box!

Many blessings,
Katy & Fam

Anonymous said...

Come to think of it, maybe they could develop a pastry version of the RAF265?! A chocolate one, at the very least...

Katy :)

Annie said...

Sweet Aimee! It is always a delight to read what you will write; one almost forgets that you are speaking of a stuffy and sterile hospital! I am sure the nurses look forward to seeing you! So glad to hear that you are not terribly ill from the treatment and we are praying fervently that it does what it is supposed to do and then some! We love you all! Here's to lots of energy and lots of days at the park!

Annie and clan

Anonymous said...

Tell X-Man I said Happy Happy Birthday!!! I wish I could be there to make another guitar cake!!!

Lots of love,
Auntie Veronica

meg and greg said...

Hola familia! Buenas dias de Kansas! Tenemos un buen tiempo en Mexico...muy bueno tiempo!!!! We really enjoyed the warm water and time away from the worries of the home. Call you this week. Lots of love, the Kanzanians.