Thursday, April 24, 2008

Update (as Requested by Meg)

We have been having a very good week--full of cake, sunshine (it got up to 80 here yesterday!!!) and flowers. Things continue well on the RAF front. I am feeling well. On Tuesday, I had another 8-5:30 day at the hospital with EKGs and blooddraws and so I was able to get copious amounts of grading done. My sister Maryagnes and her children came and walked the thrilled Xavier and Tilly all over Somerville--and when we came home that miracle-worker managed to have dinner and cake ready for us, despite having seven children underfoot in a small apartment. Yesterday, I had bloodwork done and a PET scan and today I will have two small tumors biopsied on my neck. This should not be a big deal; in fact, Dr. Frankenthaller, one of the top five head and necks in the country, thought it was so minor that he took the week off. Instead, Dr. Mullen will just be doing a punch biopsy, which will not involve the OR or major anesthetics. I should get results for all of these next Tuesday and we will let you know what those are. Meanwhile, I hope that you all are very well and enjoying the glorious spring weather. With lots of love,
A

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! First Post!

Thanks for the update! We're praying for you all.
Love, the PB Skidds

Anonymous said...

Thank you. We too have been eager to hear and will tune in again next Tuesday. Our hearts wide open for you. Prayers,
Hilary and Kevin

Petrus said...

"Dr. Frankenthaller, one of the top five head and necks in the country"

Whoa - what do the other top five head & necks look like?

Aimee said...

Oh! You should see them in a line up. They are all very long and graceful, smooth and well proportioned...it is a highly desirable thing to be one of the top five head and necks. ;)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Aimee.

God Bless.

Grammatical Illiterate Brunette Male.

Petrus said...

Aimee, I think you have THE top head in the country. Don't let Dr. Frankenthaller push you out.

Baby, you're the top!

Annie said...

Thank you for the update Aimee! Always glad to hear that you are having good days. Could you email me your address? I have some things to send you :-). Love to Will and the kids! I wish our two four-year-olds could play together :-). Love you!

Annie and the boys

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathleen said...

Yea, I'm with Meg......I check often for updates. Keeping you in our prayers.

The Timmermeyer family