Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

We've had a few hard days here. The RAF medication works by constricting capillaries and so cutting off the food supply to tumors. In light of this, the fact that several of my tumor sites are sore seems hopeful. On the other hand we've had a tricky time regulating the extremes of my blood pressure and blood sugar levels with various medications. With the fatigue, nausea and achy muscles, I was beginning to feel like a real genuine cancer patient!
However, Will has been amazing wrangling and distracting the kids, so I've got in a lot of sleep. And my sister Kate, hearing that I was feeling poorly, packed up her kids and her car and drove up from Conn to spend a large portion of 24hrs scratching my back. And today I am feeling much much better, Will's back seems to really be on the mend and Kate claims that she still loves us--even though she spent two night on the couch with one nursing baby and one throwing up toddler...Plus the sun is out, it is a holiday and Will mentioned bringing out the kiddy pool. Life is good! We are going out to play.
Lots of love,
A

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

Hang in there Aimee. Thank goodness for family - yours came through for us too (Meg). We are still praying for you as well as your family through this difficult time.

Anonymous said...

ok so we are not literally family, but we love you like we are so if there is anything we can do add us to the call list. We have a short drive and no nursing babies.

Glad your better enough for the sun.

-Dot

Will said...

The RAF265 made her blood pressure (BP) suddenly skyrocket. So the doctors put her on BP medicine. But the BP medicine is making her nauseated. So they put her on anti-nausea medicine. And now, the anti-nausea medicine is making her sleepy and dizzy.

She's still in bed, but we'll find the right combination soon. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry!!! I hope all is well soon :) Are you sure, Will that the dizziness isn't always there???

Lots of love. Jess

meg and greg said...

Whoa, I didn't know Kate was offering an in-house care service. (Notice, I didn't say nursing care--that would be repetitive.) How do I sign up? I think I've been a bit dizzy and queasy lately. Oh wait! I'm that way, anyway. And the kids are out of school already. Only makes it worse.
We hope you are feeling better.
And thank heavens for little sisters. I seem to remember a few times they came to my rescue,way out here. (Shameless plug for a visit in lovely, tornado prone KS. Of which none came near.)
Lots of love and prayers for all.The Kanzanians.