Wednesday, May 07, 2008

The Non Report

Xavier told me today that I was getting N-O-N flowers for Mother's Day--He meant M-O-M...I hope. In any case, here is my non-report...Today I had a ridiculously long PET scan. I was in there for hours thinking about how nice the folks in radiology were, how I didn't really mind the PET scans too much anymore, how I was going to get a nice sandwich on the way out, how much fun Xavier and I were going to have making lasagna for dinner. Then the machine made odd crunching noises and when he pulled me out, the tech looked worried. They never look worried. He quickly explained that he somehow had missed one of my big toes in the scan and he would have to call the doctor to see if he could leave it at that. Of course he couldn't, of course I should have refused and left, of course I didn't think of that until when, an hour later, I was back in the tube again for an extra half hour. By the time I was done, it was 6:30; the sandwich shop was closed, it was too late for lasagna and I have seriously been reassessing my assessment of radiologists. Ah well, at least I got a good nap. Reports should be in fairly soon--big toe included.
As for my biopsy, my nurse told me in all seriousness, that the Beth Israel report had come back, and it looks like...I have melanoma. Boy, did I laugh. I guess that is as far as their pathology report goes and the rest is still going to take some time as it has gone back through the drug company. Sorry to keep you all in suspense.
I hope you all are well. With love.
A

5 comments:

meg and greg said...

Seriuosly, speaking of idiots...Greg has a cousin who is married to an army guy, Jarod. He has seen more than his fair share of idiots in the world, and says when he runs for president, his platform will be "All idiots will be shot." I say we sign all those people up on the list.
I'm so sorry that this has happened. No one should be told twice the same bad news. Especially after having had a needle biopsy with the mother of all needles. Hopefully, this will be the last bad news you get.
By the way Jess, I believe the song goes, "Money makes the world go round..." But, maybe that is just the hedonistic, capitalist in me. I personally think chocolate makes the world go round. That and the smell of babies' heads. ;) We are praying extra hard. Lots of big kisses and snuggly hugs.

Anonymous said...

Dude...is it just my imagination or were you having these procedures done in the Soviet Union? Maybe its just the history teacher in me but that much tape seems like its gotta be red.

I am glad to hear that you are still happy enough to want a sandwich. We are thinking of you.

-dot

RKR said...

Oh-my-gosh. A world gone entirely mad. May there only be good madness on Mother's Day. Enjoy!

I pray that the results, when you finally get them, actually tell you something and are encouraging.

Love always,
Nee

Anonymous said...

how 'bout a n-e-w report? Love,Kate

Unknown said...

Hi, Aim. I had no idea all this was going on. I got an email from Tif which led me to Simcha's blog, where I read the news. I'm thinking of you with much love.