Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Rehab

Hi-- Will speaking here. So, after my cortisone shot, my doctor said I needed to get some exercise to help my back get back into shape. So today, Xavier, Tilly and I did our own unique exercise-- groovin' to Micheal Jackson's Thriller!
I'm not sure my back feels better, but at least the kids are up on their 80s pop culture. Add that to Xavier's knowledge of Voltron, Star Wars and He-man, and Tilly's birthday acquisition of My Little Ponys, I think they're in good shape to defeat their generation in a game of Trivial Pursuit.

In terms of Aimee's progress, both of the last 2 pet scans have revealed no significant change. So she's going to continue using RAF-265 until something changes (hopefully for the better!). She started cycle 2 last week, and she'll have another pet scan (and maybe biopsy) in three weeks.

8 comments:

meg and greg said...

Yea!!!!!
The 80's rock!
(Wait--I think I just dated myself? At least you can't see my extensive collection of leg warmers, netting petticoats ala Cyndi Lauper, big hair, parachute pants, and Members' Only jackets. Ah, my precious.....)
Wait, get back to the future--(ah, another great 80's movie)--have fun and keep rocking and rolling.
Keep up the rehab. You have to have a strong back to come horse back riding when you come to KS to visit--hint, hint, nudge, nudge.

Anonymous said...

Rehab? Is there a 12 step program to recover from the 80's -- cause I think I could use it!
Love you guys!
Kate

Anonymous said...

I hear BOWLING is a great exercise for the back.

meg and greg said...

I also hear that visiting the family, out of state, is good for the back. (The driving trip isn't so good, but the great time with family is really good for all.:)

Anonymous said...

It was wonderful to see your family at amazing Sarah's graduation though only by gazing at you from a distance. Summer: conversation now, surely! But, Aimee, your parents kept insisting that Sarah is their last. No, there must be more sisters (or even that rare being, a brother) stashed somewhere. Not that Sarah doesn't make a grand finale, but can Thomas More be itself without an Alcarez? We haven't tried that in a long time, and I'm in no mood for experimentation. I'll have to join Will's rehab group to gain some strength.

Love, Mary (Mumbach)

Love, Mary (Mumbach)

Petrus said...

How's the back now, Will? Maybe you should move on to Richard Simmons and keep with the '80's theme :)

Anonymous said...

The kiddos make awesome zombies - that's a compliment, right?!

Though not posting very often these days, please know that you and the fam are ever in our prayers - and that includes many of the Borses who visit from time to time and think of you all much more often than that...

Much love,
Katy (and, as always, all the Borse/Wilson gang)

Anonymous said...

haha that's awesome!! Tilly and Xavier should meet their cousin Nicholas. He LOVES the Thriller album. :]
Love, Cousin Annie