Monday, May 05, 2008

Overheard at the Cowan House

This afternoon, I overheard Tilly's first knock-knock joke.
While Xavier was busy in the little boy's room, Tilly stuck her head in at the door and said "knock-knock." Xavier, of course, responded, "Who's there?"
T: "Knicka Who."
X: "Knicka Who who?
T: "Knicka yous Head!!!" She screamed in delight.
I don't have a clue what it means, but they both burst out in uncontrollable laughter so obviously they did.

This evening, they were rewarded with some pudding for desert, which Tilly-as is her wont-promptly smeared all over herself and her sweater. Xavier then asked me if I would please wash her sweater tomorrow since I was in the "washing department."

And since I am telling tales...recently, Xavier wanted to know why Poppi had old hair, but no cracks in his face.

Tilly got upset because I called her honey. "I NOT honey," she fumed. "I sweetie! Daddy honey!"
She asked me to help her with her coat: "Zap my zeeper, Momma!"

In other words, all is well here. We are very busy and entertained. This week, Will got his cortizone shots for his bad back, and it seems like the pain is starting to ease up a bit. Hopefully, I'll hear some biopsy results tomorrow, as I am scheduled to start cycle two. My next set of PET scans has been pushed back to Wednesday but that should give us a better sense of if we should go on with this drug or switch to something else. As always, we'll let you know how it's going. Lots of love and thanks for all your love and prayers,
A

6 comments:

RKR said...

Toooo cute Aim - wish I could be closer to see their gorgeous faces in action.
Glad the cortisone seems to be working for Will. I hope your results are encouraging.
Love always,
Nee

Petrus said...

Isn't it funny that kids put "head" at the end of anything and it's hilarious? Pin head, rabbit-head, knicka-head.

I wonder how you knew to put the silent "k" in Knicka. I see where the kids get their brains!!

Anonymous said...

"yous"? really the whole thing is just proof to me that Tilly is learning Italian. or at least has been watching too many films produced circa 1974. Have you guys been on your weird "Saturday Night Fever" kick again? You should really get that looked at; for the sake of the children.

-Dot

meg and greg said...

All those sayings just prove "cute" runs in the family!!
Keep up the fun Tilly. Every family needs a comedian!
Lots of prayers for good results, Aim. And Will, hope shots work!
P.S. Becca says, "Check My Space for new photos."

Petrus said...

So, what's the 411 on the results? Good luck with the PET scan today.
Lots of love & Prayers

Anonymous said...

I can vouch for Becca's photos. They're great!
Love, Aunt Kate